Hard drive failure is a horrifying reality. All hard drives crash, sooner or later, irrespective of their interfaces and makes/models. When a crash occurs, the degree of effect depends upon your disaster recovery plan. If you have a complete and updated backup of all your important data, you can easily handle it without losing your data and work time. On the other hand, if you are not prepared to fix the problem, Hard Drive Recovery comes into the picture. It is the process of retrieving lost data from hard drive, which can not be accessed in a normal fashion.
Symptoms of Hard Drive Failure (Logical):
In most cases, you see some signs of the problem before your hard drive fails or stops functioning. Such warning signs include:
- The system frequently freezes, while working.
- The system stops responding at boot time or does not boot at all.
- Files disappear mysteriously.
- System speed goes down dramatically.
- You come across Blue Screen of Death (in Windows) or STOP errors.
These are early warning signs, which denote pending hard drive failure. When you see any such symptom, you should immediately back up your data to prevent data loss, which would then require hard drive recovery.
Hard Drive Failure Diagnostics
The very first you should do is to identify whether the hard drive is actually failed. You can go through the following steps to diagnose the problem:
- Check power cable and hard drive controllers.
- Verify that the hard drive is detected in BIOS (Basic Input/Output System).
- Use disk repair utilities to check the integrity and consistency of the hard drive.
- Use bootable disk of anti-virus software to scan hard drive for boot viruses.
Restore Data From Backup
If your hard drive data structures, file system, or critical system files are corrupted, restore data from the backup. Backup proves a great help in all such cases of hard drive failure. However, you may face serious problems if the backup is not complete.
Do not lose hope! Your data is still recoverable from the failed hard drive using hard drive recovery software. These are powerful third-party applications, which use high-end scanning algorithms to thoroughly scan the failed hard drive and extract all lost data from it. These applications recover hard drive data in a quick, safe, easy, and efficient way.